Aeromodelling in Australia
The AMAS says:
“The Australian Miniature Aerosport Society is a leading national aero-modeling organisation and an authority for model aviation in Australia. You can join the AMAS directly as an individual or directly as a club and we cater for all aspects of model aviation. If you are interested in getting into aero-modeling, are thinking about setting up a club or are an existing club looking for the best for your members contact us today.
The Society provides:-
* Affordable membership $48 annually. Juniors $24 (July1 – June 30) Quarterly pro-rata rates apply
* Direct membership to a national society where your vote counts
* Comprehensive insurances for members and clubs
* A flying competency (wings) program
* Instructor’s courses for our clubs
* Club affiliation for just $10.00*
* Single day membership ($5 a day)
(Use the Member Registration tab to apply for membership)
So what are you waiting for…come join us at the AMAS and get up and fly! And remember: “Safety is no accident”.
Please note that Sunset Soaring doesn’t provide facilities for flying gas turbine jets or helicopters that other clubs support.
For more information, please see the AMAS website.
The other Australian modelling association is the Model Aeronautical Association of Australia which provides similar support to Australian clubs and coordinates Australian representation in international competitions.